If you’re interested in working at retail clothing brand known for its laid-back, Southern California-inspired apparel, you may be curious about how old do you have to be to work at Hollister.
The minimum age to work at Hollister is set at 16 years.
This means that once you’ve celebrated your 16th birthday, you’re eligible to apply for a position and potentially join the team at Hollister.
Finding a job at 16 can be an exciting step into the world of work, where you can learn new skills and gain valuable experience.
Hollister offers various job roles that might align with your interests and abilities, from in-store sales associates to impact team members.
Each position provides an opportunity to grow within the company while embracing the casual style Hollister is known for.
How Old Do You Have To Be To Work At Hollister?
To join the Hollister team, you must be at least 16 years old.
This age requirement applies to most entry-level positions, which are conducive to high school students looking to gain work experience.
However, you should be aware that for certain roles, especially for managerial positions or those involving heavy machinery, the minimum age can rise to 18.
Here’s a quick checklist for your reference:
- Entry-level positions: Minimum 16 years old
- Management positions: Typically 18 years or older
- Work permit: If you’re under 18, you might need a worker’s permit, depending on your local labor laws.
It’s important to consider that some store locations may have different age restrictions based on state or local laws, so you should check with the specific Hollister store you want to apply to.
Hollister’s hours of operation often are:
- Monday to Saturday: 10:00am – 9:00pm
- Sunday: 11:00am – 6:00pm
When preparing your application, these hours will be useful to know so that you can align your availability accordingly.
Lastly, the typical process for applying to Hollister is through their online employment application.
Should you meet the age requirement and are ready to proceed, that’s your next step to becoming part of the Hollister team.
Remember, presenting yourself well and demonstrating a friendly and approachable attitude are key during the application process!
Applying For A Job At Hollister
When you’re looking to apply for a job at Hollister, the process is quite straightforward.
You need to be at least 16 years old for most entry-level positions, though management roles require you to be 18 and older.
Here’s what you should do:
- Choose your language on the Hollister careers page to access the store employment application.
- Fill out the online application with your details, including age, availability, and past work experience, if any.
Keep in mind the store hours as you’ll need to be available during operating times.
Typically, Hollister stores open Monday to Saturday from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm, and Sunday from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Here are a few points about job applications at Hollister:
- Work Permit: If you’re under 18, you’ll need a work permit from your school.
- Application Methods: Online applications are generally preferred.
- Attire: Dress appropriately for your interview; embodying the brand style can be a plus.
Finally, prepare any questions you may have for the interviewer about working culture, environment, or training opportunities.
Good luck with your application!
Job Positions Available For Young Applicants
If you’re interested in fashion retail and are looking for your first job opportunity, Hollister Co. offers positions that might be well-suited for young candidates like you.
Generally, the minimum age requirement to work at Hollister is 17 years old.
Here’s what you could expect in terms of available job roles:
- Brand Representative: As the face of Hollister, you’ll help create a welcoming environment.
- Your duties will include customer service, maintaining the store’s aesthetic, and folding clothes.
- Stock Associate: If you prefer behind-the-scenes work, the stock associate role involves managing inventory, organizing the stockroom, and ensuring products are on the sales floor.
- Impact Team Member: This role focuses on maintaining store presentation.
- You’ll be involved in merchandising, window displays, and keeping the store clean.
To apply, visit Hollister’s careers page or check in-store for more details on the application process.
Be prepared with your personal information, availability schedule, and any past experience that might make you stand out as a candidate.
Remember, working in retail will equip you with valuable skills such as customer service, teamwork, and time management, which are excellent stepping stones for your future career path. Good luck!
Work Permit and Legal Considerations
When you’re considering applying for a position at Hollister, it’s important to understand the work permit and legal requirements that apply to you.
- If you are under the age of 18, you may need a work permit before you can start a job.
- The requirement for a work permit varies from state to state.
- You must be at least 16 years old to work at Hollister as a brand representative or in similar roles.
- Management positions generally require you to be 18 years or older.
Working Conditions for Minors
- As a minor, there are regulations set forth by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) which place limits on the number of hours you can work.
To get a clearer picture, here’s a simple table for quick reference:
|Permissible Roles at Hollister
|Work Permit Needed?
|Not eligible for employment
|Brand representative, stock associate
|Yes (if required by state)
|Yes (as per FLSA)
|All positions, including management
Remember to check the specific requirements in your state, as some may have additional rules for minors seeking employment.
It’s always a good idea to consult with your school’s guidance office or your state’s department of labor for the most accurate information.
Company Culture and Expectations
Working at Hollister, you’ll find yourself immersed in a youthful, vibrant atmosphere that emphasizes a casual, laid-back approach while maintaining a professional environment.
The company prides itself on its inclusive and aspiration-inducing setting, which is reflective of the Southern California lifestyle that it seeks to emulate.
At Hollister, your attire will generally align with the brand’s casual, trendy aesthetic.
While specific guidelines may be provided, you’re expected to wear clothes that exemplify the latest Hollister styles.
It’s a fusion of being on-trend and comfortable that sets the tone for the workplace.
Embrace a proactive work ethic. You should be ready to:
- Engage actively with customers
- Maintain store presentation
- Collaborate efficiently with team members
- Adapt to various roles as needed
Hollister’s culture is strongly rooted in its values, which you’ll be expected to uphold. These include:
- Diversity: Foster an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome.
- Integrity: Be honest and ethical in all interactions.
- Innovation: Contribute fresh ideas to enhance the customer experience.
Your work environment will be team-oriented, with an emphasis on supporting each other.
Positive, open communication and a willingness to assist colleagues are cornerstones of Hollister’s collaborative atmosphere.
By embracing these cultural nuances and expectations, you’ll be well-prepped for a rewarding experience as part of the Hollister team.
- Age Requirement:
- To work at Hollister, you need to meet the minimum age requirement.
- You must be at least 16 years old for most positions.
- Hours of Operation
- Be prepared for a schedule that aligns with Hollister’s typical hours.
- They are usually open Monday to Saturday from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm, and Sunday from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Application Process
- When you’re ready to apply, you’ll most likely do so online.
- Check out Hollister’s employment application page to submit your application.
- Interview Procedure:
- Should your application be selected, you may undergo a telephone interview as the first step.
It’s part of Hollister’s two-stage interview process, beginning with a review of your resume and cover letter.
Remember, if you’re particularly young or still in school, this could affect your eligibility for certain roles or responsibilities at Hollister.
Make sure you check if there are any additional age-related restrictions for the job you’re eyeing.