If you’re considering a job at a restaurant, you may be interested to know how old do you have to be to work at Applebee’s – which depends on the role and the location of the restaurant.
Generally, you can start working at Applebee’s at 16 years old for entry-level positions.
However, there are certain roles that require you to be older due to responsibilities such as serving alcohol.
Since Applebee’s restaurants are often independently owned franchises, age requirements might vary by location.
This is because state and local labor laws can set different standards, and owners may choose to implement their own policies within those regulations.
For example, to be a hostess or work in certain positions that don’t involve alcohol, the minimum age could be set at 17, whereas serving roles that include alcohol service typically require you to be at least 18.
How Old Do You Have To Be To Work At Applebee’s?
If you’re considering a job at Applebee’s, it’s important to know the minimum age requirement for employment.
Typically, Applebee’s restaurants hire individuals who are at least 16 years of age.
This is largely due to labor laws which can vary by state, so it’s a good starting point for eligibility.
Here’s what you might find when you look into working at different Applebee’s locations:
- Carside To-Go Specialist and Prep/Line Cook positions: These roles have reportedly been filled by individuals who are at least 17 or 18 years old, depending on the specific location’s policy.
- Cook and Dishwasher roles: There are reports of some locations hiring for these positions starting at 16 years old.
- Franchise Variability: Since Applebee’s restaurants are often independently owned franchises, age requirements may slightly differ from one franchise to another.
Remember, if you are under 18, there may be restrictions on the number of hours you can work and the types of jobs you can perform, especially if the job involves serving alcohol.
It’s always a great idea to check directly with the Applebee’s location you’re interested in to get the most accurate information.
|Minimum Age Requirement
|16 years old (varies by franchise)
|17-18 years old (may vary)
Starting your job search with the right age information will save you time and help set your expectations before you apply. Good luck!
Variation By Location
When you’re considering a job at Applebee’s, it’s essential to know that hiring age requirements may differ from one location to another.
As a general policy, you must be at least 16 years old for entry-level positions such as a host/hostess, carside, or dishwasher.
However, this is not always the case.
Many Applebee’s locations prefer that you are at least 18 years old, particularly for roles that may involve serving alcohol.
Here’s a quick layout that can help you understand better:
|Minimum Age for Entry-Level Positions
|Preferred Age for Alcohol-Related Roles
|16 years old
|18 years old
Keep in mind that Applebee’s restaurants are franchised, meaning each location is privately owned and operation policies, including age requirements, can be specific to that franchise.
This variation can be due in part to state labor laws, which can influence the minimum hiring age.
To be certain of the age requirements for your local Applebee’s, your best bet is to contact the restaurant directly or check their online job listings.
This will provide you with the specific details needed to apply confidently.
Job Positions and Age Considerations
When you’re interested in working at Applebee’s, it’s important to know the age requirements for different positions.
The minimum age to work at Applebee’s generally is 16 years old.
However, there are specific roles within the restaurant that have different age requirements due to the nature of the job and legal regulations.
Here’s a quick overview of positions and the corresponding minimum age requirements:
- Carside/To-Go Specialist: Must be at least 16 years old.
- Host/Hostess: Often, you can start as a host or hostess at the age of 16.
Now, if you’re aiming for a role that involves serving alcohol, such as being a server, the legal age requirement goes up:
- Server: Must be at least 18 years old in some states, but it might be 21 in others due to alcohol service laws.
Remember, these are the minimum ages, and Applebee’s might have higher age requirements based on the specific job responsibilities or state laws.
For any position, whether as a server or carside specialist, safety and working hour regulations are governed by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) when you’re under 18 years old. Be sure to check local labor laws and Applebee’s specific policies to understand your eligibility and rights as a minor.
Each role comes with its own set of responsibilities, and meeting the age requirement is just the first step toward landing your job at Applebee’s.
Application Process For Young Applicants
If you’re between 16 to 18 years old and interested in working at Applebee’s, the application process is straightforward.
Check Your Local Age Requirements:
First, confirm the minimum age requirement at your local Applebee’s.
While some locations hire at 16 for positions like hosting, others may require you to be at least 18.
Prepare for the Application:
- Gather your personal details, such as contact information and any work experience.
- Update your resume to reflect any skills relevant to the restaurant industry.
Submit Your Application:
- Visit the Applebee’s careers website to find available positions.
- Fill out the application form accurately and submit it online.
- Alternatively, visit a location in person to inquire about job opportunities.
- If you apply online, watch your email for a response.
- Don’t hesitate to follow up with the location where you applied after a week or so.
- Be prepared for an interview by practicing answers to common questions.
- Dress appropriately when you go for your interview to make a positive impression.
Remember, each Applebee’s location might have its own specific application process, so it’s important to get the details right for where you want to work.
Legal Considerations For Youth Employment
When you’re considering employment at Applebee’s or any similar establishment, it’s important to be aware of the legal age requirements that apply to youth workers.
- Minimum Age: Generally, you need to be at least 14 years old to work in nonagricultural positions, including jobs at restaurants like Applebee’s.
- Work Hours (Under 16): If you’re under 16 years old, there are limits on how many hours you can work.
- These work hours can’t interfere with your schooling.
Job Types for 16 and 17-Year-Olds
- You may perform any nonhazardous job without restrictions on work hours.
- Typical restaurant tasks such as waiting tables, hosting, or cashiering are usually deemed nonhazardous.
For Those 18 and Older
- Once you turn 18, these restrictions no longer apply.
- You’re eligible to work in any job role at Applebee’s, hazardous or not.
- Safety is a priority. No matter your age, employers are required to follow safety regulations to ensure you have a secure work environment.
|Work Hours Limitation
|Not eligible for nonagricultural work
|Can work in nonagricultural jobs
|Limited, varies by state
|Any nonhazardous job
|No hour limit
|Any job, including hazardous roles
|No hour limit
Remember, the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) plays a crucial role in determining these guidelines, and individual state laws can impose additional restrictions.
Always check local laws to ensure you are compliant with all regulations.
When considering a job at Applebee’s, it’s important to note the age requirements which vary by position and location.
Here’s a brief summary of what you need to know:
- Minimum Age: The general hiring age is at least 16 years old for entry-level positions.
- This is a starting point for roles such as host/hostess or dishwasher.
- Work Permit: If you’re under 18, you may need a valid work permit to be employed.
- Car-Side To-Go Specialist: To work as a car-side to-go specialist, you typically need to be 17 years old.
- Location Variance: Some locations might hire you at 16, while others prefer you to be at least 18 years old, especially for roles with more responsibility.
- Positive Attitude: Regardless of age, having a positive attitude and excellent customer service skills are essential qualifications for any position.
Remember to check the specific requirements for the Applebee’s location you are interested in as they might have different policies.